12:46 PM

Southern Style Chicken Sandwich

So I have to admit that we drove through Mickey D's for lunch today (come on, you know you do this too every once in a while). All the way there I'm convincing myself that I'm going to get one of their salads and not put on too much dressing so it will be somewhat healthy. Then as I'm sitting at the drive-through, I see this picture of their new "southern style chicken sandwich". I'm looking at it and I notice the pickles and the bun and I think, "no way...that's a Chick-fil-a sandwich!" I'm staring in disbelieve. I grew up in Texas and have lived in northern California for almost 20 years, and I still love and miss Chick-fil-a sandwiches. As far as I know, we don't have a Chick-fil-a within many hours of where I live. That's probably a good thing considering how much I love it. My Texas family and friends know that when I go to Texas, one of my first priorities is to get to the nearest Chick-fil-a for a Chick-fil-a sandwich with extra pickles and a lemonade (their lemonade is made fresh in the store with real lemons).

So there go my "healthy" salad plans, because now I have to try this new sandwich just to see if it tastes anything like the real thing. Well, it's not exactly the same, but it is amazingly close. so close that I wonder how they can do this without getting sued. They even have a breakfast version that comes on a buttermilk biscuit, just like Chick-fil-a. I am in so much trouble!

I googled this new sandwich and it looks like it's been making the rounds in different parts of the country for over a year. Not sure why it's just getting here now. Leave a comment if you've seen this sandwich in your neck of the woods and let me know what you think of it. I'd always choose Chick-fil-a over McDonald's, but when you don't have a Chick-fil-a, it's not a bad alternative.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey carrie, this is a side of you that i did not know! How creative and talented that you are especially at 3:00 AM! So, is the Chicken fried? I've had a Chick-fi-let and they are the best!

Unknown said...

Carrie, I have been eating the Southern Style Chicken Sandwich for two months and I do like them.
The Sandwich is the closest to Chick-fi-let that I have found.

Stephanie said...

you are TOO funny! I wouldn't know what either of them taste like but I might find myself in the drive-thru just to test it out :)

erin said...

I've seen them too, but am a loyal chik-fil-a customer and was almost mad when I saw mcd's with the same sandwich!!! But they taste similar?

Unknown said...

Yep, we have them here too. But I don't know why anyone in Texas would buy one when there is probably a Chic a fil right next door.

I have a similar problem at Chic a fil. I go there and feel the need to buy the southwest wrap. It feels more healthy. But the chicken is calling me. oh well.